OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA We inform you that our responsibility in the relationship with you also involves the way we process and take care of your personal data. Thus, starting with May 25, 2018, Romania has complied with the European standards in force regarding the processing of personal data and the free movement of these data stipulated in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Requirements regarding the processing of personal data are complied with by NOVAARTIS SRL in accordance with the security provisions regarding the processing of personal data provided in Regulation 679/2016 (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”) and with the related national legislation.
Both at the time of establishing the means of processing and during the processing itself, NOVAARTIS SRL applies the appropriate organizational measures to warrant that the processing is achieved by observing the applicable legal provisions. At the same time, the company has taken all the necessary measures to ensure us that, by default, only the personal data strictly necessary for each specific purpose of processing are processed.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA OPERATOR
The operator in the relationship with your personal data is NOVAARTIS SRL
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED The personal data we process may include:
- data collected legally and in a transparent way to prepare and offer the services you request from us by phone, mail, own website, whats app or directly at the location
- Contact information, such as your name, position, postal address, business address, email address, fixed or mobile phone number, fax number, car number.
- Additional information processed in the context of a contractual report or communicated voluntarily by you, such as instructions given, payments made, information on any legal issues, disputes, litigation or other actions in the court in which you are involved in any quality (defendant), complainant, intervener, lawyer of the parties, consultant, expert, etc.);
• Details of your visits to our offices or any other details about how you interact with us (including video images if the visit involves trips through video surveillance areas)
- Data resulting from your browsing on our website collected through cookies and similar technologies (including IP)
Your data will be processed, inter alia, for communication by e-mail, post office, phone, video transmission or any other means of communication.
• We may also use your contact details to provide you with newsletters or other marketing materials regarding the developments of the company.
LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Any operation of processing your personal data will be carried out on the basis of one of the legal bases below:
- The processing is necessary for the conclusion or execution of an agreement to which you are a party;
- The processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation of the operator;
- The processing is carried out on the basis of your consent;
• The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural entity;
Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of NOVAARTIS or a third party (e.g. when processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement to which your organization is a party), except in cases where your fundamental interests or rights and freedoms prevail over these interests;
- in the case of special categories of data, processing will be achieved if, in addition to a general legal basis for data processing, one of the following specific processing conditions is met:
- The data subject’s consent was obtained;
• We have a legal obligation to process these categories of data;
• Processing is necessary for finding, exercising or defending a right in court.
WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes (“Allowed Purposes”):
- Management and administration of the contractual relationship with our clients;
- Sending offers and informative materials of NOVAARTIS in response to your requests;
- Observance of our legal obligations (such as obligations in the matter of combating money laundering and financing of terrorist acts, reporting obligations to tax authorities);
- Managing security and access in our premises, managing the use of the IT systems used by NOVAARTIS (e.g. web page, data management platforms, used communication systems), including the prevention and detection of security threats, fraud or other unauthorized or malicious activities;
• Analyzing and improving our services and communications to you;
- Conducting marketing and promotion campaigns;
- For any related and/or ancillary purpose to any of the above, or for any other purpose for which your personal data have been provided to us, in compliance with applicable law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We may disclose your personal data to public institutions or parties involved in the performance of the agreement.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA ABROAD We can transfer your personal data to countries that are part of the European Economic Area or to countries that have been recognized by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of personal data protection, if this transfer is required for processing according to the Permitted Purposes described above.
In exceptional situations, if necessary for the Allowed Purposes, we may transfer your personal data to third countries that have not been recognized by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection.
We will ensure that these international transfers are made subject to appropriate safeguards (such as, based on Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission) as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 or by other applicable legal provisions. You can contact us at any time, using the contact details below, if you would like further information on these safeguards.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If any of the personal data you have provided to us are subject to change, for example if you change your first name, last name or email address or if you wish to cancel any kind of request addressed to us, or if you become aware that we hold any incorrect personal data about you, please contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com
We will not be liable for any loss arising from incorrect, inauthentic, insufficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA PERSONAL?
NOVAARTIS has implemented technical and organizational measures for organizing the process and the specific criteria for keeping your personal data for up to 3 years.
We will cease processing your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the Allowed Purposes, or when you withdraw your consent and (i) there are no more legitimate reasons justifying further processing or (ii) if we are no longer required for the purpose of finding, exercising or defending a right in the court.
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Subject to certain legal conditions, you have the following rights in connection with the processing of your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data relating to you that we hold;
• the right to rectify any incorrect or incomplete personal data;
• The right to oppose or restrict our use of your personal data;
• The right to delete your personal data, in the situations in which you withdrew your consent, the processing is no longer necessary or the processing is contrary to the law;
- The right to data portability that allows you to receive a copy of the processed data we have received from you or to transmit it to another entity indicated by you;
- The right to withdraw your consent for the processing carried out on the basis of consent. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the legality of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal. In the cases in which you withdraw your consent, NOVAARTIS will no longer process your personal data and will take the appropriate measures to delete your personal data.
If you wish to exercise the rights mentioned above, please contact us, using the following contact details:
- Bogdan Voda Str. No. 46 A, Viseu de Sus, Maramures County
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to comply with the legal obligations of security and confidentiality of the data that belong to us, when you exercise one of the rights that you benefit as a data subject, it is possible that we ask you to prove your identity, by giving us a copy of an identification document or any other information necessary to verify that the request comes from the relevant data subject.
We will consider any requests or complaints we receive and we will send you an answer in compliance with the deadlines provided by law. If you are not satisfied with our response or consider that the processing is achieved in violation of the applicable law, you can file a complaint with the Romanian data surveillance authority: National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing – with the headquarters in Bd. Gheorghe Magheru no. 28-30, Bucharest, Romania.